Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sketch challenges

Since my daughter is still up finishing home work, and I was supposed to go to bed at ten, I will upload some cards I made from sketches. I don't have the original sketches, they were from the Card Cafe group I'm on, but you can sort of get the idea from the finished card...


this is the first one, made with chatterbox paper, before they went all weird and I didn't like them anymore...

Here is the next one... I love playing with shrink plastic on cards. I've also used it for jewelry, too.
Please don't ask me what paper line this one is, because I honestly have no clue. All of this stuff is from my stash, and a lot of it is old... so I don't remember. :) Also, don't ask me why I used that color green as the card base. I'm sure I had a good reason at the time. OH! there, I see it!
See, under the slide mount thingy, there's a green wheel thingy? I know it's hard to see, but it's there! And then right under the shrink plastic tag, there's also one. It's green. Yeah, I see that they don't match, but it could just be the colors in my monitor...

What's that? On yours they look great? OH good! I was worried I was going to have to tell you about the time I was shopping the day after Thanksgiving with my friend Betty. We were at the LSS, and (ok, let me back up here a second. I feel it necessary at this point to tell you, when I say LSS, it's actually in a neighboring city about 30 mins away, AND I am a woman who VALUES my sleep. I am NOT a morning person, so for me to be standing outside of a store, ANY STORE, at O-dark-thirty on Black Friday is unheard of. I have NOT done it since, and this was several years ago)
Anyway, I was helping her pick out coordinating papers. Well, a few weeks later at a crop, we were looking at said papers together, and I said, "Betty, no offense, but those papers do NOT match at all," and she said, "Oh really, because I had help picking them out and everything..." I think my words were something to the effect of, "What colorblind idiot helped you pick out those papers?" and she smiled at me sweetly as only Betty can and said, "YOU DID!" Uh, OOPS... so yeah, occasionally I have lapses in judgement. Like when I am SLEEP DEPRIVED! I'm not sure what this one was all about, so we'll call it a bad scan... :) ANYWAY....

This next one is a great card, I love it, being the patriotic soul that I am. Just don't ask me how I cut this star, because I can't remember. I *think* it was on my silhouette, but I am not sure... it might be a die cut, though I don't think so, because I'm pretty sure I got rid of all those MANY moons ago. ANYWAY... The papers are Rusty Pickle, I have yet to see anything of theirs that I don't like. This sketch was hard for me, but I like how it turned out.

Well, my 14 y/o is STILL not finished with her home work, but I am exhausted, because I only got four hours of sleep. So I am going to bed. She can go when she's done or whatever, but I'm not waiting anymore. Enjoy. Perhaps tomorrow I will post some bead stuff. And I have a card swap to do for an upcoming retreat, so be watching for those! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment