Monday, February 1, 2010

A Christmas CASE

For those of you who don't know, CASE means Copy And Share Everything.

This card is a CASE of one I saw on Split Coast Stampers. If you have never been to their website, I highly suggest paying a visit. It's a GREAT way to find new uses for stamps you have, and I find that if I'm having a creative block, it helps me get rid of it. :)

You can see the original card here. She used the set called "Lovely As a Tree" which I have, but chose not to use, because I liked the pine bough from Peaceful Wishes just a bit better. I cut out two ornament shapes with my silhouette, and cut the top off the green one. I inked the flourish from Baroque Motifs with VersaMark and then heat embossed with red embossing powder. The paper is metallic. I placed the green over the copper, and I love the effect. I only wish I'd had gold paper for the "hanger" part of the ornament, the cream sort of gets lost... but hey, I used my stash totally for this, which is always a good thing, right? :)

I sponged some Old Olive ink behind the pine bough just for some shadowing, and I know she used Garden Green ink for her "boughs" but I don't have that, so I used Forest Foliage, which I believe might actually be retired now. I'm not current on my SU! stuff. Again, I use what I have...

Also, I LOVE the "joy" stamp I used at the top. I stamped this in Craft White. This is all Stampin' Up, btw, except for card stock and embossing powder, etc. The ink and the stamp sets are SU! I don't use them exclusively, but for this card I happened to... Anyway, I digress... the "joy" stamp is from the Small Script set. And without further ado, here is the card I created.

No comments:

Post a Comment