Sunday, February 28, 2010

Design team submissions


I made these cards for a design team application, but wasn't able to share them, because I didn't know if I was allowed to or not. I didn't make the design team, but I love how they turned out.

This first one to the left is a digital image by Wink Wink Ink, called Baby Blossom. I colored it with Prismacolor Markers, then matted it with a dark brown card stock. Then I adhered it to a lighter brown patterened paper, and used Tulip Fashion Bead Paint to make the pearls. The red card stock is a white cored card stock that I ran through the Cuttlebug with the Stylized Flowers embossing folder. Then I sanded it so the white would show through. It's on a plain white card base, and there you have it.




This card was a card I made for a friend. Sometimes I need the reminder. I used a stamp for the butterfly, and stamped it in chocolate chip. I used a cream colored metal frame by Basic Grey, and used Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink in Copper to color it. I added the cream ribbon, and used the same marker that I accented the dark colors of the butterfly to color the thin ribbon, and tied them around the frame. Then I used The Ultimate by Crafter's Pick to glue down the one inch glass tiles. These were on a striped paper by Diane's Daughters. I love that line! It's one of my all time favorites. Distressed, very muted colors. I love it. Anyway, then I put it all on a cream card base that had been inked on the edges.

This last card was made on a pink base with some patterned paper from Target that came in a clearance pack. I loved the bright happy colors. The image is a Dustin Pike digi, colored with Prismacolor markers. The "fluff" in the basket is called Flower Soft, and it's available in many different colors, but I have started to make my own. One of these days I will get brave and post a tutorial. :) The scallop punch is from Stampin Up, as is the stamp. It's a simple card but it was fun.

Though I'm disappointed I didn't make the design team, it was fun to make the cards. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment