Saturday, April 14, 2012

Feelings....

Today, I went to a meeting.  I know, I know, I said I wasn't going to do that anymore.  But God has a way of gently pushing me to do things I need to do.  There is a wise woman I know who tells me almost every day that I get to make a choice about what kind of day I'm going to have.  So at noon when she told me that, I said, "OH, yeah.  I think I'll change my mind about the choice I made this morning.  It's time to start over."  And that's the great thing about my life today.  I can start my day over at any time I choose!

Today's meeting topic was resentment.  HA!  How ironic is that?  And the last sentence in the reading was that we couldn't afford to hold on to resentments.  Absolutely.  It reminded me of something my dear friend Sherri told me once.  "Resentment is like drinking poison and hoping the other person will die from it."  And she's right.  So right now, I am feeling very quiet.  That was not so much the case earlier.  I don't like to hurt people, and if I've done something that hurts someone else, I want to fix it.  But if that person has to hold on to it, I can't do anything about it.

I have no control of people, places, and things.  I need to exercise restraint of tongue and pen (and type) *giggle*.  And I need to say a LOT of the serenity prayer.  "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."

No comments:

Post a Comment