Saturday, February 11, 2012

WHAT????

OKAY... I'm sorry, but I MUST rant for a moment here. Mostly, I do it on Facebook, but I would never want Ollie's mom to see it there, because the last thing I want to do is hurt her feelings... A long time ago (18 months, maybe more?) someone created a page on Facebook named "Prayers for Oliver P." Well, people get on there and send thoughts and encouragement, etc. Great!

Well, the last couple of days, this guy gets on there, (maybe it's a woman, I can't remember) and tells Stacy that she needs to call him right away. A few hours later, this big post, the gist of which is, "Stacy, I really feel like I need to tell you that Oliver should have another MRI." Um, WHAT? Who the fuck are YOU???? You aren't that kid's father, nor are you married to Stacy, so -and excuse my SpongeBob sentence enhancer here, but-SHUT THE FUCK UP. YOU do NOT get to tell someone what to do with their kid, EVER. God doesn't give you revelation for someone else's kid/family. A$$HOLE. I am really angry about this (can you tell?) This child is dying. He can't really even get out of bed, he uses a urinal to pee, but yeah, let's load him up in the car and drive 90 minutes to Iowa City. Who the hell are YOU???

Which brings me to the next issue... I was hoping that ranting about dumbass up there would make me feel better, but it hasn't so much... BUT I will try to be sensitive... In fact I should have been more sensitive with that guy too, I don't know who he is, so...

I read this morning a post that said, "Oliver, hold on to all our prayers." OK, I understand the sentiment behind this, but it's extremely selfish. Oliver has told both his parents that he is ready to die. He is miserable in his body that is failing him. He has a constant headache. He is bloated from constant steroid use. But yeah, let's guilt him into holding on because WE don't want him to die.

Let's be clear about this. I don't want Oliver to die. I never have. And a miracle could still happen. The Lord could raise him after he is dead if that was His plan for Oliver. But I do not know God's will. The ONLY thing I can do is pray that it is His will that is done, not mine. And my prayer is that God's will be done, and if it is that Oliver go home to Him, I pray that it is with the least possible amount of suffering for Oliver. That sweet brave little rock star has been through SO much already. Ollie, you are, and always will be, my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment