Monday, February 7, 2011

Happy Monday...

Good morning, my friends...

For those of you who don't know, I have a friend whose son has a terminal brain tumor. It's called Pontine Glioma, and it is inoperable. He has had chemo and radiation. Anyway, that's all I will say, because it's not my story to tell...

What I will tell is that I've lost a child, and it's the most difficult thing I've ever had to do. So I am participating in St. Baldricks' local shaving event, where I have been soliciting donations to shave my head to raise money for kids' cancer research. St. Baldricks was the top grant earner in the U.S. in 2010, second only to the U.S. Government. Grants fund research, and research saves lives.

I can't save this little boy, I wish I could. But I CAN do something. I can sacrifice my hair to raise money for research, and my hair will grow back.

If you want to donate, here's a link to my page:

www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/participantid/420145

Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment