Saturday, March 26, 2011

SOUL RESTORATION...

Dear Friends,

I have recently been able to take part in a wonderful class by Melody Ross called Soul Restoration. I found out about it when I was alone the week of my birthday in December, and I drove two hours to see my friend Michele because I needed some motherly advice. Oh, and a hug. Michele gives THE BEST hugs. As I was telling Michele my sad tale of woe, she looked at me, and she said, "You know what you need to be doing, why aren't you doing it?" My response to her was, "I just need someone to take care of me. I woke up the other day and I wanted my mom."

She said, "I want you to do something for me when you get home. I want you to look up this website, and sign up for this class and take it. Promise me you'll do it." So I said, "I promise."

And I went home (another two hour drive) and looked on the web for Brave Girls Club. Then, on the right hand side was a box that said, "Soul Restoration", and underneath that, it said, "The real you is still in there."

Fascinating. And exactly what I needed. But how did Michele know I needed it??? Because she's inspired! Know who else is inspired? Melody Ross and her sister, Kathy.

I had been struggling with a prescription drug addiction for several weeks. I hadn't told anyone, and my husband had been out of town quite a bit, so he didn't know the extent of what had been going on here. But I knew before I went on this journey to fix my brokenness that I had to get off of the prescription drugs. And so began my detox. I started tapering off the prescription medication. My last day to take drugs was 1/10/11. So my first day sober was 1/11/11, the first day of Soul Restoration.

What an amazing, incredible, and POWERFUL journey. What a blessing to have this come into my life! What a sense of empowerment I have after the completion of this course. When it said it would be life changing, I sort of rolled my eyes and thought, "whatever... I've been going to counseling for YEARS and it hasn't helped that much, so I doubt this class is going to do it for me." But I'd promised Michele I would take it, so I did. And another friend I'd told about it took it with me. How grateful I am that I made that promise to Michele! It's been so completely astounding! I have a completely different outlook on my life a mere two months later, and am looking forward to completing Soul Restoration II

TAKE the class. It is well worth it. I have made decisions that have helped me take much better care of myself. Thanks, Melody and Kathy. I am thrilled to be a part of Brave Girls Club :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was meant to be for you, I am glad it helped you and congrats on your detoxing! I am super excited to taking the April version and I know I'll see you in SRII :)

    ReplyDelete