Thursday, September 16, 2010

A new Composition book

I've been cleaning my craft room, so that means I've been CREATING! :)

Here are a few altered composition books I've made... The orange one was with Basic Grey papers, there are little gold corners on the edges of the book's front. I also used some of SU!'s Sticky Strip to adhere some tiny beads made by the evil craft woman (AKA Martha Stewart) in the center where I'd normally adhere ribbon.

I stamped a butterfly in Versamark on orange Bazzill, then heat embossed it in black. Then I stamped it on velvet paper in black and cut the image out, ran it through my Xyron sticker maker (I also call that my X-box) and paper pieced the butterfly wings to the image. Then I drew some veining on the wings with my white gel pen. I adhered the image to the book, and then tied an orange organza ribbon to a black leather Making Memories frame. Then I adhered the frame to the book over the butterfly image. Voila! An altered comp book is born!

There are a couple others, one I made for my daughter and one I made to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment